Melesto Holiday 2016, we decided to go to Mauritius for a island escape, here are my top 12 things you must do should you ever visit Mauritius.
- Visit Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam Botanical Garden in Pamplemousses which is the oldest Botanical gardens in the Southern Hemisphere, where you will find the most beautiful water lilies, indigenous plants and bird life. ⠀⠀
- Visit Fort Adelaide also known as La Citadelle in Port Louis, which was built for guarding purpose of the harbor against enemies, here you can capture beautiful landscapes shots of the Mauritian skyline. ⠀⠀⠀
6. Drink a coconut cocktail, coconuts grow on trees all over the island and nothing beats Mauritian Rum.Talking about Mauritian rum, visit a rum distillery, I got the chance to visit the Chamarel Rum Distillery up in the mountainous area and got to sample the various rums that are made and sold at Chamarel. ⠀
9. Go for an under water sea walk, because the currents are not so strong in Mauritius its an ideal place to go for an under water sea walk. You are taken out with a boat into the sea, where you will climb down the boat to where the water is only about 3 metres deep, you are supplied with a glass helmet, sea shoes and weights. You don’t need to be able to swim to do this activity. During the activity you will be able to feed tropical fish, you are filmed and can purchase your video at the end of the trip. Remember to have enough cash with you, as some of the vendors do not have cardmachines.
12. Visit the sacred Grand Bassin Hindu Temple, Mauritius is known for the second largest Hindu community outside of India and also has the largest statue of Shiva in Mauritius, which stands at 33 metres tall. ⠀
Follow me on Twitter
Check out my Instagram