It’s already February and 2017 is in full swing.
I hope you all are sticking to your new years resolutions or lifestyle changes.
I have drastically changed my diet ever since a doctor diagnosed me with a spastic colon in 2014. I refused to live on medication for the rest of my life and I decided to consult a nutritionist and she gave me a diet plan to follow and a list of foods which contribute to spastic colon illness. Stress is also a contributing factor and should be combated with exercise. I enjoy yoga and Pilates and recently started doing Barre 180 and Kinesis classes.
Photo from #YogaOnaRoofTop 012 Central by Peach Berry Wellness Yoga.
Smoothies are a great snack before or after gym and recently discovered smoothie bowls which I have for breakfast.
Here’s a simple recipe for a delicious and healthy smoothie bowl:
- 1 heaped spoon of your choice protein powder
(I’m using Wazoogles Plant Power Protein Powder which can be purchased at Wellness Warehouse)
- 100ml milk ( low fat soy milk)
- 1 peeled and sliced banana
- 2 tbs peanut butter
- 1 tsp honey
- Granola/muesli (Jungle Oats Energy crunch)
- Chia seeds
- blend the milk, banana, 1 tbs peanut butter and honey (the mixture should be a thick consistency)
- pour into a bowl
- add a hand full of granola
- some shredded coconut and a pinch of chia seeds and a tsp peanut butter
- you can also add some fresh fruit like strawberries/blueberries to complete your breakfast.
Follow me on Twitter
Check out my Instagram