World Tourism Day took place on 27 September 2017 and seeing that Heritage month was also in September, Meletso would like to shine some light on Africa as a magnificent travel destination.
Africa is an amazing continent and in our opinion, the most aesthetically pleasing. From our beautiful 5 star beaches, natural wonders, variety of animals, birds and sea life, the vibrant cities and villages, our diverse cultures, languages and cuisine, most of all our friendly people and with that said Africa still has so much more to offer.
Check out our list of a few places and sites to visit in Africa:
- Mount Kilimanjaro, a dormant volcano in Tanzania. It is also the highest mountain in Africa, and rises approximately 4900 metres from its base to 5895 metres above sea level.
- Boulder’s Beach in Cape Town, South Africa, is the only place to see African penguins on the continent.
- Visit the beautiful islands of Mauritius, Reunion Island, Maldives and Seychelles, just off the coast of Africa for an amazing honeymoon and/or holiday experience with the most beautiful turquoise beaches.
- Experience the Sahara desert by camel trek or 4 x 4 desert tour in Morocco.
- Eat freshly caught crayfish on the beach in Maputo, Mozambique.
- Swakopmund in Namibia is the only place in the world where the desert can be seen alongside the sea.
- Witness the beautiful Silverbacks with a gorilla trekking tour in Rwanda.
- Victoria Falls is a waterfall on the Zambezi River on the border of Zambia and Zimbabwe also described as one of the seven natural wonders of the world.
- Visit the oldest of the Seven Wonders in the world, The Pyramids of Giza in Egypt.
- See the Big Five via hot air balloon safari over the famous Okavango Delta in Botswana.
Where would you like to explore on our beautiful continent in Africa?
Find out which African country do you secretly want to explore, by taking this quiz on Travelstart:
‘The only man I envy, is the man that hasn’t been to Africa, for he has so much to look forward to.”
Follow Me on Twitter: @meletsoblog
Check out My Instagram: @meletsoblog
<a href=’https://capetowninsider.co.za/things-to-do/’ title=’Things To Do’><img src=’https://capetowninsider.co.za/wp-content/uploads/influencers/blog-badge-s.png’ height=’100′ width=’100′ alt=’Things To Do’ title=’Accredited Influencer’ border=’0′ /></a>